Valentine’s Day is just a few days away. Surprise your significant other to an intimate Valentine’s dinner for two at home. Instead of dining out, stay at home and cook a romantic, candle lit dinner. Not only will you be able to avoid the restaurant rush but you will surely impress your sweetheart. Here’s one of the delicious cheese recipe ideas you’ll certainly fall head over heels for.
Cheddar Baked Chicken
|SERVINGS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|6||10 min||50 min|
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup crispy rice cereal
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with 1/4 cup melted butter.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, cereal. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter evenly over chicken.
3. Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until coating is golden brown and chicken juices run clear.
To keep the food moist and evenly cooked, use an aluminum foil. This will also make the cleaning stress-free afterwards. This is one of the quickest and easiest recipe to prepare. This meal goes perfectly well with red wine particularly the Cabernet Sauvignon. The blending of flavors makes it a tasty treat for you and your loved one.
The best thing about cheese is its versatility to be used in sweet and savory dishes. Enhance the evening by prepping a sumptuous dessert guaranteed to satisfy your partner’s sweet tooth. Here’s another delicious cheddar cheese dessert recipe to warm up the sweet, romantic Valentine evening. The savory cheesy flavored crust is a delightful way to compliment the tart apple filling.
Deep-Dish Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust
|SERVINGS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|8||35 min||1 hr and 30 min|
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into pieces
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
6 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
2/3 cup (about) ice water
4 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
2/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg, beaten to blend with 1 tablespoon water (for glaze)
1. Blend flour and salt in processor. Add shortening and butter and cut in using several on/off turns. Add cheese and cut in until shortening and butter resemble small peas. With machine running, gradually blend in enough water until soft moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
For fruit filling:
1. Mix apples, raisins, brown sugar, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, lemon juice and spices in large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove dough from refrigerator and let stand 15 minutes. Spoon fruit and any accumulated juices into 13×9-inch oval baking dish. Dot fruit with 3 tablespoons butter.
3. Roll out dough on floured surface to oval about 1/2 inch larger than baking dish. Fold in 1/2 inch of edge to form double-thick border; crimp. Cut out 1-inch-wide hole from center of crust. Using tart pan bottom as aid, lift dough and place atop fruit. Tuck in dough around edges.
4. Bake pie 15 minutes. Brush crust with egg glaze. Top with 2 teaspoons sugar. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake pastry until golden, about 35 minutes. Cool on rack 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Celebrate love with these decadent meal ideas. Not only will you impress your significant other with your cooking skills, it will also pave way for both of you to become more romantic and intimate with each other.